Logo
G.E Martin

G.E Martin

Brewery ID : 5.001.S161

Adelaide

Established : 1854
Closed : c1871








George Edward Martin started his aerated waters carrier making ginger beer on Roper Street in 1854. A year later he had moved to Topham Street and started to manufacture cordials. The business took off and he moved to larger premises on Currie street in 1856. Mr Martin had several money issues in the 1860s, first being burgled then trying to sell the business in 1866, and then insolvency later that same year. The business continued until 1873.


South Australian Register
19th May 1856


South Australian Register
22nd November 1858


South Australian Weekly Chronicle
14th July 1866



Back to Soft Drink Companies