|William W. Warren built a state of the art brewery at St Peters, East of Adelaide in 1895. Mr Warren managed the brewery
with Edward Clark as brewer. The brewery concentrated on bottled ales and stouts and owned over fifty hotels
including the Exchange Hotel. John McAskill from the Thistle Brewery was appointed the second brewer behind Edward
Clark. The East Adelaide Brewery was hugely successful and by 1898 had outgrown the St Peters site. The brewery's board
started looking for a new site when the opportunity to amalgamate with Ware's Torrenside Brewery presented itself. The
East Adelaide Brewery premises were sold and all operations moved to the Torrenside Brewery.
The new brewery called Clark, Ware & Co. with Mr William W. Warren as General Manager and with Mr. W. Clark brewing the East Adelaide branded beers, and Mr. C. B. Ware brewing the Torrenside branded beers. Later in 1898 Clark, Ware & Co. was purchased by the Walkerville Co-Operative Brewing Company, with Mr. W. W Warren becoming the Chairman and Mr. C. B. Ware a director of the Walkerville Co-Operative Brewing Company.