Charles Mallen built the first Waverly brewery on West Terrace within Adelaide in 1875 and started brewing in December
The Castlereagh Brewery was a group of investors that had purchased the Castlereagh Brewery in Knoxville, one of the investors Harold Clark brewed for the company. The brewery only lasted one year, with the company going into liquidation in 1935.
The Adelaide Brewery Ltd was formed after purchasing the Castlereagh brewery in 1936. Brewing continued until 1938 when the Springfield Brewery Ltd bought the brewery. The Springfield Brewery brewed until 1955 when a wild yeast got into the vats and could not be removed. The brewery went into liquidation and was later bulldozed to make way for the Mitcham Shopping Center.
Waverley Vinegar Works, North Terrace, 1894
Original site of the Waverley Brewery
B3863 State Library SA