T he Angus Park Brewery was started by John Williams in 1858, John had previously brewed in Devon, England prior to him moving to Australia. John had two sons, Charles and William both went on to have long carriers in brewing. Over the next ten years John went on to improve the brewery and build the reputation of the beer brewed. William left to manage the Burra Brewery in 1864, leaving Charles to assist his aging father. John Williams died aged 70 in June 1876 after a long illness, leaving his brewery to his wife, with Charles as the brewer. The brewery was put up for sale in 1879, though there were no takers. Charles moved to Victoria in the early 1880’s.
Mr A F Krüger had started a small brewery and distillery in Keyneton in 1880 and the business grew in popularity so much that the site was unsuitable. Mr Krüger purchased the Angus Park Brewery in 1883 to expand his brewing business. Mr Krüger died in 1903 leaving his brewery to his sons Adolf and Ewald Krüger. Both sons were blacksmiths and not brewers so the brewery was sold off in 1906 to Mr Hermann (Willie) Robert Appelt.
Angas Park Brewery